Can I define my own template functions?

General help with the eC language.
jerome
Site Admin

Re: Can I define my own template functions?

Post by jerome »

Hi Sam,

CopyString() does the same as strdup, except that it does so with the eC allocator (eSystem_New() or simply the new operator).

Memory allocated by strdup() should be freed by the C stdlib's free(), whereas memory allocated with CopyString() must be freed by the delete operator.

I am very glad you're loving eC more and more :)
It's been moving slowly lately as I'm doing contracting work to pay up for the years I spent working fulltime on eC/Ecere, but I have hopes to have more time to improve it all much further in a near future! I also hope the amount of contributors and contributions go up as time goes on!

An Ecere SDK package has also recently been uploaded to the Debian archives, we're awaiting approval to be part of Debian! :D See http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

All the best,

Jerome
jerome
Site Admin

Post by jerome »

Hey Sam, by the way we're back on the master branch :D dev is out of date right now.
samsam598

Post by samsam598 »

Hi Jerome,

You mentioned that at some extend class template has some limitations at that moment.I am wondering whether there is any improvement or new features in recent updates .Thanks.

Regards,
Sam
jerome
Site Admin

Post by jerome »

Hi Sam,

I'm sorry I completely missed that post!

I do believe there were some fixes to the templates, and particularly to the containers.
For example serialization of some of them was fixed.
More improvements to come. I should have more time to work on the SDK starting 2 weeks from now.

Regards,

Jerome