[Solved]Build Help file

General help: new users, installing the Ecere SDK, using the IDE to compile and run applications.
samsam598

[Solved]Build Help file

Post by samsam598 »

Hi Jerome,

With you great help,I successfully built the latest snapshot,Thank you.
But there is no help doc inside,or I don't know wherer it is,so I need your help again on how to build the help file and acitivate it by press F1 key.

Regards,
Sam
Last edited by samsam598 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jerome
Site Admin

Re: Build Help file

Post by jerome »

Hi Sam,

Your successful build should include a documentor.exe under sdk\obj\win32\bin, which should have been installed under C:\Program Files (x86)\ECERE SDK\bin

Under C:\program files (x86)\Ecere SDK\doc, you should have:
ecere.eCdoc, ecereCOM.eCdoc and EDA.eCdoc
These files are the API documentation data for Ecere.
That is in addition to the Tao (Ecere Tao of Programming [work in progress].pdf), which provides a basic introduction to the eC programming language fundamentals...

Documentor should pick that info up when you launch it (You just need to execute that documentor.exe, you should also see it under the "Help" menu of the IDE, as "API Reference - F1")

The documentation in there still requires a lot of attention, some of it I didn't write myself and needs to be reviewed, a lot needs to be completed, but at least it lists the latest up to date entire API and you can browse through it.

Please let me know if you're still having trouble bringing up Documentor.

Regards,

Jerome
samsam598

Re: Build Help file

Post by samsam598 »

Thank you Jerome,I forgot to copy the documentor.exe to bin/ directory,now the issue's fixed.