[Solved]Adding additional include path lead to IDE crash

General help: new users, installing the Ecere SDK, using the IDE to compile and run applications.
jerome
Site Admin

Re: Adding additional include path lead to IDE crash

Post by jerome »

1. Did you pull the recent changes I made to the SDK?
This should have been fixed by this commit, 3 days ago. Specifically:

Code: Select all

// Ensure the DataBox is visible, For the ListBox to save (Popping up the FileDialog hides it)
parent.visible = true;
on lines 300 and 301, in extras/gui/controls/PathBox.ec.
Please confirm that the IDE and ecere.dll you are testing with (e.g. installed in your Program Files (x86)/Ecere SDK) includes this fix, and let me know if this is still an issue, because I cannot reproduce it here. Thanks!

2. Is the sound just very low volume, but you can hear the sound, or is it very short as well? Could you try with the new changes I commited to the repository? The one that works with EcereAudio. I just remembered about that,I fixed something for 16-bit sounds, perhaps that will help. Alternatively, you could just add this in WavPlayer.ec: Sound::Load:

if(bits == 16)
   length /= 2;
right after

if(c < header.data_len)
   length -= 2048;
If this doesn't work could you please try another .wav file as well? (e.g. chord.wav or ding.wav in the Piano sample)

3. Application Crashed :S Works fine here...
If the application is built in debuggable mode, with dsound.ec, mixer.ec and audio.ec included in the project, could you please paste me the call stack of the crash while running it from debug/start ? (You can access the call stack with Alt+7 or View/Call Stack).

If you already pulled the new changes and are using EcereAudio, you can do Project/Add project to workspace, then select EcereAudio.epj, and make sure it says EcereAudio (Debug) and WavPlayer (Debug) in the project view (you can toggle by pressing the space bar, or by chosing Project/Active Configuration). This should automatically use the debuggable version of the library when you launch the player in the debugger.
samsam598

Post by samsam598 »

From three days ago,when building the updated snapshot,I notice the upx has not done its job:

Building self-extract tool...
                       Ultimate Packer for eXecutables
                          Copyright (C) 1996 - 2009
UPX 3.04w       Markus Oberhumer, Laszlo Molnar & John Reiser   Sep 27th 2009

File size         Ratio      Format      Name
   --------------------   ------   -----------   -----------
upx: obj\release.win32\extract.exe: CantPackException: TLS callbacks are not sup
ported

Packed 1 file: 0 ok, 1 error.
upx not installed; not compressing.
What's wrong with it?
Thanks.
jerome
Site Admin

Post by jerome »

That should not be related. It looks like you are using a different version of UPX than I am.
I run 3.03.

You are not using the latest either, and it looks like they fixed TLS stuff in later versions. I would recommend either downgrading to 3.03 or upgrading to 3.07 and see if it solves the problem.

By the way, UPX is only to compress executables to make them smaller, it doesn't affect functionality at all.
samsam598

Post by samsam598 »

Hi Jerome,

Confirm the Additional Include Path issue still does not fix.The source's updated already.
jerome
Site Admin

Post by jerome »

Hi Sam,

You were right, things were still not right.
Hopefully it should be fixed for good in this new commit:

https://github.com/ecere/sdk/commit/d1a ... 983b2afcc3

谢谢!

Jerome