Definitions of all commands

General help: new users, installing the Ecere SDK, using the IDE to compile and run applications.
jonaspm

Definitions of all commands

Post by jonaspm »

Hello Ecere community :) i would like to ask you if there exists a list of all commands with their definitions since i am new in eC (i have used BASIC before) and i need to learn not how to write code, but to understand what i am writing and since my local language is Spanish... well is a Little bit harder

thanks in advance :D
jerome
Site Admin

Re: Definitions of all commands

Post by jerome »

Hi Jonas :)

As a superset of C, the whole standard C library is available to you.
Most of it is readily available without requiring you to use #include.
There are many C references available online, e.g. http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/webmonkeys/book/c_guide/

As for added functionality provided by the core eC language and the Ecere runtime library, you will find them organized in the Documentor, available from the IDE's help menu (F1), but still lacking proper documentation.

The functionality is organized by module, namespace, classes and global function/definitions.
Core eC features are all under the 'ecereCOM' module, whereas Ecere runtime library functionality is under the 'ecere' module and require you to write 'import "ecere"' where you use them.

The ecere namespace further divided into gfx, gfx3D, gui, net and sys sub-namespaces, respectively regrouping graphics, 3D graphics, user interface, networking and system functionality. You will find the related classes grouped within those.

I assume you already read through the Tao?

Also make sure to look through the relevant support forum here to find out how to achieve a certain thing, and ask if it has not been answered yet.

Regards,

Jerome
jonaspm

Post by jonaspm »

Thank you for your response!
I have read some in the Tao :) but since i am too newbie, most of it is not that easy to understand, and since my local language is spanish, but i will do my best!

Thank you Jerome!!!
jerome
Site Admin

Post by jerome »

Hi jonas. Don't be shy to ask for help from here or join our IRC channel #ecere on irc.freenode.net

Happy coding :D

-Jerome