Strange Updating

General help: new users, installing the Ecere SDK, using the IDE to compile and run applications.
SJD

Strange Updating

Post by SJD »

Hi Jerome,
I have a little notice only - yesterday, I tried to update a SDK (from tarball) but obtained this protocol:
ecere-upd.PNG
The last sentence says " The Ecere SDK is fully built" but in fact all files of SDK stayed unchanged.
Evidently (probably :-) ) it was an accidental error, because when I repeated that update the SDK stayed "à jour "...

Best Regards,
Svat
jerome
Site Admin

Re: Strange Updating

Post by jerome »

Hi Svat,

The build log there looks fine.
The UPX notice will go away and extract.exe will get compressed if you upgrade to the latest UPX which now has 64 bit support ( http://upx.sourceforge.net/download/upx391w.zip ).

I'm not sure what you mean by "all files of SDK stayed unchanged."?
The output of make normally will go in obj/win32/
To install it to program files you'd need to do a 'mingw32-make install' in an elevated command prompt (Run as administrator).

By the way, the new 0.44.10 installer should be ready very soon, it will be packaged with MinGW-w64/TDM-GCC 4.8.1.

Regards,

-Jerome
SJD

Post by SJD »

Hi Jerome,
I'm not sure what you mean by "all files of SDK stayed unchanged."?
Aaah, I still badly understood "mechanism" of this instalation, I used the install command only in the second step :oops:
By the way, the new 0.44.10 installer should be ready very soon, it will be packaged with MinGW-w64/TDM-GCC 4.8.1.
It is very good message for all of us :) , thanks, I wish all success ! And can I ask you how proceeds your task in "Ecere Tao of Programming" ? It's maybe the cardinal question for me :D

Best Regards,
Svat
jerome
Site Admin

Post by jerome »

Hi Svat,

I have not had much chance to touch the Tao yet.

But in the coming months I hope to find time to add content to it, as well as starting to document the API.

Regards,

-Jerome
SJD

Post by SJD »

Hi Jerome,

I'll look forward - I admire your work very much !

Best Regards,
Svat