Linux - Install Ecere in Fedora 12

General help: new users, installing the Ecere SDK, using the IDE to compile and run applications.
jerome
Site Admin

Re: Linux - Install Ecere in Fedora 12

Post by jerome »

Here is the MinGW documentation on setting up a Linux hosted cross-compiler:

http://www.mingw.org/wiki/LinuxCrossMinGW

They're warning about doing it with a 3.x compiler, but I'm wondering if there will be issues with using 3.x on Linux. We could try both the 3.x and 4.x series and see if we can get it working.

If I see Redj around I'll bug him about it :)

Cheers,

Jerome
jerome
Site Admin

Post by jerome »

The reverse can also be done (Building Linux apps from Windows):

http://www.mingw.org/wiki/HostedCrossCompilerHOWTO

I would really like to package these cross compilers with the SDK so it's a straightforward process to just build for multiple targets from a single development environment.
redj

Post by redj »

Welcome Arturus,

I didn't get a chance to read this thread from start to finish but I've installed Fedora 13 (I didn't have 12 on my hd, maybe I should have downloaded) and I've done some testing in order to write procedures for installation of the SDK on Fedora and for cross-compiler configuration to create windows executables on fedora. I'll post the details soon.

-redj

PS: you didn't introduce yourself in the introductions topic http://ecere.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=29 ? ;-)
redj

Post by redj »

See the Build & Install SDK in RedHat / Fedora / CentOS topic in Support / General Help.

-redj
redj

Post by redj »

See the Cross-compiling in RedHat / Fedora / CentOS topic in Support / General Help.

-redj
arturus

Post by arturus »

Ok, Jerome. Thank you. I will continue to see if I Ecere is the solution that I am looking for. Meanwhile I need to read the rest of the Tao document, learn eC and do some testing. Also I will see the work of Redj and try to do "pure cross compile" with Ecere :) You guys are incredible! My problem will be TIME - I don't have much now but will do my best. Thank you.

Cheers.

Arturus
arturus

Post by arturus »

redj wrote:Welcome Arturus,

I didn't get a chance to read this thread from start to finish but I've installed Fedora 13 (I didn't have 12 on my hd, maybe I should have downloaded) and I've done some testing in order to write procedures for installation of the SDK on Fedora and for cross-compiler configuration to create windows executables on fedora. I'll post the details soon.

-redj

PS: you didn't introduce yourself in the introductions topic http://ecere.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=29 ? ;-)
Thank you, Redj!

Thank you also for the instructions for the installation under Fedora/CentOS/Red Hat and for the cross-compiling!

I will wait for the next release to check 'direct compiling for Windows from Linux'. That's what I am looking for. Meanwhile I have to understand how eC works.

Thank you very much for being so kind and making the instructions available. You guys are great.

Cheers,
Arturus

ps: I already introduced myself (kinda...)
jerome
Site Admin

Post by jerome »

Arturus,

As I discuss in my post in the other thread, these instructions Redj posted work great! I put online all necessary updated source files and the updated Windows binaries. I suggest you give it a try to get that 'direct compiling for Windows from Linux'.

Have fun!

Cheers,

Jerome