Portable Ecere SDK

Forum for talking about anything else Ecere/eC related.
redj

Portable Ecere SDK

Post by redj »

hey,

I will soon start to post portable versions of Ecere SDK in this topic.

-redj
redj

Re: Portable Ecere SDK

Post by redj »

We're starting our portable adventures. :)

This file is for users of the http://PortableApps.com Platform (version 1.6) and contains the following;
  • Ecere SDK 0.44pre1 (including)
    • binaries compiled by me
      documentation (incomplete)
      samples
      source code for the whole SDK
      configuration file for compiling with portable versions of MinGW and TinyCC
    MinGW (assembled from the following files)
    • gcc-part-core-4.3.0-20080502-2-mingw32-alpha-bin.tar.gz
      mingw32-make-3.81-20080326-3.tar.gz
      binutils-2.19.1-mingw32-bin.tar.gz
      mingwrt-3.15.2-mingw32-dev.tar.gz
      mingwrt-3.15.2-mingw32-dll.tar.gz
      mingw-utils-0.3.tar.gz
      w32api-3.13-mingw32-dev.tar.gz
    TinyCC (details)
    • tcc-0.9.25-win32-bin.zip
      tcc.exe compiled by me
Download the 20.6 MB installer from (EDIT: Dead link removed, ask in #ecere on freenode) until I can post the file (EcereSDKPortable_0.44PR1_Development_Test_1a_English.paf.exe) on ecere.com.

The installation in screenshots:
Installer
Installer
Path Selection
Path Selection
Copying Files
Copying Files
Finished
Finished
Menu
Menu
Remember that this is the fist version (1a) of this package so it might have a few issues.

Note: To compile a project, make sure you select the proper compiler. In the IDE, go to menu Project -> Active Compiler... and choose either PortableMinGW or PortableTinyCC. Compiling with the Default compiler will work only if you have the proper version of MinGW installed on your system.

Note: The MinGW C++ compiler was not included in this version.

I hope you enjoy it and please give feedback!

-redj
The Fellow

Post by The Fellow »

Err, dead links are dead...
mothdragon

Post by mothdragon »

Any chance we might get this with the official 0.44 release?
--==[[ Mothdragon ]]==--
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Everything New is Old, Everything Old is New. Nothing exists, and it's all here.
redj

Post by redj »

hey Charlie,

sorry for the slow reply.

yes there's a good chance I will package portable versions of 0.44 Ryoanji as soon as I can.
I will probably prepare Zip portable and PortableApps.com packages.

-redj
mothdragon

Post by mothdragon »

Awesome! I'll be looking forward to it! I've recently discovered the joy of being able to take my code with me to any computer around using Dev-C++... But you know I love eC so do it with eC would be optimum! I don't personally use any of the portable "platforms" for my Dev-C++, just run it straight from my phone as if it was on the computer. That's what I'd like to see.
--==[[ Mothdragon ]]==--
Everything New is Old, Everything Old is New. Nothing exists, and it's all here.
redj

Post by redj »

here we go...

we have the following portable packages: -- EDIT: Updated links ZipPortable-Core is the Ecere SDK alone with the little documentation that comes with it. In order to use ZipPortable-Core, you must have your own MinGW installation.

ZipPortable-MinGW is all of ZipPortable-Core + make, binutils, gcc (the C compiler), gdb, and upx. You will be able to compile and debug your C / eC projects all from this portable distribution.

ZipPortable-MinGW-C++ is all of ZipPortable-MinGW + the C++ compiler.

ZipPortable-AllInOne contains all of ZipPortable-MinGW-C++ and adds the samples, extras and the source code for the whole sdk.

all packages contain available i18n files so you may try to set LANGUAGE to use the Ecere SDK and MinGW in your language. note: i18n of Ecere SDK is limited.

in the case of these packages, "portable" means that it will not "pollute" the system with configuration files and you may carry it with you and run it on multiple Windows machines on a usb key for example. a "home" folder is provided where you may keep your projects but the ide will track paths to your projects relative to the current location of the portable binaries.

console.bat is provided so you may use the toolchain at the command prompt as well as ide.bat and documentor.bat to easily start those.

note: ZipPortable just means it's a portable version of the SDK packaged as a normal .zip file. this is the simplest portable package that we can have for Windows. use your favorite decompression tool (7-zip, UnZip or Windows' Extraction Wizard) to extract the files.

-redj
redj

Post by redj »

I am in no rush to provide the PortableApps.com installer unless someone requests it.

-redj
mothdragon

Post by mothdragon »

Woohoo! Thank you redj!
--==[[ Mothdragon ]]==--
redj

Post by redj »

hi all,

A nice little home for the Portable Ecere SDK!

-redj