Web browser control the like

General help with the Ecere Cross Platform GUI toolkit: Window, common controls, events, etc.
Help with the 2D Graphics library: Surface, Display, Bitmap, Font and others.
samsam598

Web browser control the like

Post by samsam598 »

Greetings!

Wish we can have the subjected in the Ecere IDE.

Regards,
Sam
jerome
Site Admin

Re: Web browser control the like

Post by jerome »

Hi Sam.

We have some start to that...
In sdk/extras/html/ and see attachments.

However it is quite limited, and even more so now since the web standards changed :P

That HTMLView control is what is used in the API Reference ( Documentor ) to display 'rich text' with links. All this could benefit from improvements, or alternatively a more complete open source web toolkit like Mozilla's or Chromium's could be ported over or otherwise integrated with Ecere :)

Regards,

Jerome
Attachments
browser.ec
(2.81 KiB) Downloaded 1610 times
browser.epj
(1.58 KiB) Downloaded 1582 times
samsam598

Post by samsam598 »

This is very impressive.wxWidget added wxWebKit recently in its 2.9 series while there is no such implementation in its 2.8 series for years.I did not expect you've worked a simple version already since I've though this may be a long hard work for at leat 1 to 2 years to achieve!This is really something!!
jerome
Site Admin

Post by jerome »

Hehe I'm glad you like it, Sam! :)

You used to be able to use google.com to do a search query, and the original Ecere and Dreamix websites used to display fine with it at the time...

I even had it within a 3D environment and you could interact with it ( e.g. the web page text boxes, buttons and the browser's scrollbar), see http://ecere.com/images/dreamix.png

:D